School Lane

Here we have the girl’s convent school (1887) run by the Sisters Of Mercy until 1994. The convent house is the next building over School Lane Erected in 1886, it was in constant use until it closed down in 1994. The old boy’s school 1845 to 1949 is now used as a parish meeting hall. Opposite the convent was the town creamery, opened in 1927, it served the needs of the farming community until 1994, and is now the Nenagh Co-Op dept.